Environmental Topics – What is Mold?
According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency, or the EPA, their website states that, “molds are part of the natural environment, and can be found everywhere, indoors and outdoors. Mold is not usually a problem, unless it begins growing indoors. The best way to control mold growth is to control moisture. (…) Molds can have a big impact on indoor air quality.”
That is why it is imperative to have professional help remediating any potential mold issue you may have. Here at SERVPRO, Garden Grove West Stanton, rest assured, we are properly and professionally trained, with the highest industry standards, and training available nationwide.
Here are a few helpful tips to help eliminate or prevent mold growth:
- For cold surfaces, such as windows, floors, the roof, etc., it is possible to reduce or prevent condensation by installing insulation.
- Any wet or damp building materials, clean and dry within 1-2 days to help prevent mold growth.
- Reduce your indoor air humidity (at approximately 30-60%,) to decrease chances of mold growth.
- Using your exhaust fans when cooking, cleaning or washing dishes.
- Increasing your ventilation.
- Using de-humidifiers and your air conditioner.
- Address the source of the water problem to prevent mold growth.
- Consult your local professional, SERVPRO Garden Grove West Stanton, if the problem persists or you need professional advice for remediation.